Every man wants to look good and feel good, no matter if he’s going to work, to the store or just hanging out with friends. That can be easily achieved with proper styling and choosing the right clothes for you and your wardrobe. This is why we at TruClothing want to introduce you with the men’s tweed suit. It’s something in between elegant style, street wear and casual “smart” choice for work. People will definitely recognize you when wearing a men’s tweed suit because it’s not that colorful, but on the contrary – something classical and sometimes even considered as trivial. No matter what some people use to define men’s tweed suits, they are clothes that will make you look amazing.
The men’s tweed suit is usually hand-crafted or manufactured from a material, named tweed. It is a rough woolen fabric that really resembles the feel of the open and flexible texture of cheviot or homespun. The men’s tweed suit can have different feel and texture that is based on the process that is used when the tweed is produced. Usually the tweed is woven in three ways or methods – plain weave, twill or herringbone.
Men’s tweed suit – Twill cloth
The twill cloth is a method of achieving specific textile weaves that usually have a diagonal pattern, that is used in tailoring men’s tweed suits. This method of manufacturing is like a style of knitting in which you pass the weft over one or more wrap threads. This is done in a particular count and ratio that helps achieving the diagonal pattern.
Men’s tweed suit – Herringbone cloth
Usually you can recognize a men’s tweed suit, tailored from herringbone cloth, for his distinctive V-shaped wavering that creates a zigzag pattern. This time of cloth is also referred to as broken twill wave. The name “herringbone cloth” comes from the resemblance with the skeleton of a fish and the cloth, used for tailoring men’s tweed suits. The herringbone cloth is usually made of wool and it is one of the most popular material for tailoring men’s tweed suits and coats.
The men’s tweed suit can be tailored in many sizes and various colors, where the coloring process can be achieved by mixing colored wool before it is spun. Usually men’s tweed suits are offered in traditional colors, like grey, brown, black and others. The tweed is usually used for tailoring women’s and men’s tweed suits and coats as well. The material is appropriate for a men’s tweed suit no matter the season.
The men’s tweed suit is a fashion that has been known for many years in Ireland and Britain. Because of its many advantages, tweed was preferred for tailoring clothes, that can resist in very extreme changes in the weather. Men’s tweed suits are resistant to water and are characterized with very good durability. Tweed was preferred for tailoring not only men’s tweed suits but for coats and clothes for outdoor activities.
In recent years the men’s tweed suits and clothes have started to gain popularity again. Many fashion experts believe that that effect is achieved by the legendary Coco Chanel. She was inspired by the men’s tweed suit, but not any kind, but the one of a Duke – the Duke of Westminster. When she encountered with the fabric, she discovered its comfort and sophisticated quality. That is how she decided to hire a Scottish factory to produce tweed for her line of clothing and brought the light on the men’s tweed suits back.
This is a rather interesting fact that in the beginning tweed was known by a different name – “Twееl”. The story is quite interesting. In the beginning of the 19th century a British merchant from London received a letter with an offer for some “tweels”. Because the letter was handwritten, the merchant was not able to read the word properly and guessing that must be a trade-name misunderstood it at read the word “tweed”. Then the advertisement of the material and the men’s tweed suits began and the name remained since.
Maybe many of you haven’t noticed that but many fiction characters from the Victorain and Edwardian periods have worn men’s tweed suits. And if you don’t know what that period means, we will tell you only one name – Sherlock Holmes. Yes, the most famous detective is dressed with men’s tweed suits, combined with other accessories. In the original book, Mr. Sherlock Holmes topped his men’s tweed suit with a hat and an umbrella. But in recent Sherlock Holmes portraits, the hat is abandoned, but not the men’s tweed suit.
The actors and roles, that have worn men’s tweed suits are many, but maybe some of the most recognizable ones are Sean Connery, when he played in Indiana Jones and the Last Cruside, Mads Mikkelsen as the famous Hannibal Lecter, some of the actors in the series of Doctor Who and many others. They also play an essential part in one of the famous British Series Peaky Blinders. So if you weren’t convinced until now, then this should have helped you in purchasing a men’s tweed suit.
If you manage to combine your men’s tweed suit with the rest of your wardrobe, we can guarantee you that you’ll achieve the classic elegant look. This implies for the gentlemen and for the ladies, as well. It is important, when wearing your men’s tweed suit not to wear more than two pieces, made from the material. For example, if wearing a 3-piece men’s tweed suit, you can combine the waistcoat and the jacket, but we suggest not to wear tweed coat on top. This implies for the ladies as well.
Men’s tweed suits are a great fashion choice if you combine it with silk, cotton or cashmere. It is a great choice if you want to achieve clean, stylish vision for a formal event or going out to dinner. Without any doubt, every person needs at least one piece of clothing, made from tweed, but for the people that want to achieve a classic look, we recommend you the men’s tweed suit. The wide variety of different models, colors and pieces can give you the broad opportunity to combine your men’s tweed suit with different textures.
We at TruClothing offer every gentleman with men’s tweed suits, made from high quality materials with an eye for every detail. We can provide you with a vintage, tailored men’s tweed suit that can be worn in any occasion. Most of the men’s tweed suits that we offer are tailored fit, that is in-between slim and regular fit. We provide men’s tweed suits in variety of colors and sizes, that will please every style and taste. At TruClothing, you can find men’s tweed suits, tailored from the different types of tweed – herringbone, twill and classic tweed. We provide all our clients with the opportunity to order our men’s tweed suits, fit them and if there is something wrong, return them back!
Trust TruClothing with choosing your men’s tweed suit for any occasion and style.
Items 1-21 of 42
- Men's Navy-Blue Tweed Check Suit - Paul Andrew HarveyAs low as £142.49 Regular Price £149.99
- Cavani Carly - Men's 3 Piece Tweed Check Burgundy SuitAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- Cavani Ascari - Men's 3 Piece Oak Brown Tweed Check SuitAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- Cavani Carnegi - Mens 3 Piece Navy Blue Tweed Check 1920's Vintage SuitAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- Mens Brown 3 Piece Herringbone Tweed Suit Vintage Retro Slim Fit Smart FormalAs low as £85.49 Regular Price £89.99
- Paul Andrew Harvey - Mens Charcoal Grey Black 3 Piece Tweed Suit Wine Vintage Retro Peaky BlindersAs low as £142.49 Regular Price £149.99
- Cavani Baron - Mens Oak Brown Vintage Check 3 Piece Suit Herringbone Tweed Retro Wedding ClassicAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- TruClothing STZ16 - Mens 3 Piece Check Wool Suit Tweed Tan Brown Green Tailored Fit Classic VintageAs low as £109.24 Regular Price £114.99
- TruClothing STZ14 - Mens 3 Piece Check Suit Double Breasted Waistcoat Vintage Classic Tweed Wool FitAs low as £109.24 Regular Price £114.99
- Men's Charcoal Grey 3 Piece Tweed Herringbone SuitAs low as £109.24 Regular Price £114.99
- TruClothing STZ11 - Mens Blue 3 Piece Tweed Suit Herringbone Wool Vintage Retro Peaky Blinders FitAs low as £109.24 Regular Price £114.99
- Cavani Shelby - Mens Navy Blue 3 Piece Herringbone Check Suit Vintage Retro Peaky Blinders TweedAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- Cavani Tommy - Men's Dark Brown Herringbone Tweed Check 3 Piece SuitAs low as £123.49 Regular Price £129.99
- Marc Darcy Dion - Mens Blue Tan Brown 3 Piece Herringbone Tweed Check Vintage Tailored Fit SuitAs low as £197.59 Regular Price £207.99
- Marc Darcy Harding Mens 3 Piece Cream Beige Blue Check Double Breasted Waistcoat SuitAs low as £207.09 Regular Price £217.99
- Marc Darcy Nelson Mens 3 Piece Herringbone Brown Tan Wine Check Suit Tailored Fit Double BreastAs low as £198.54 Regular Price £208.99
- Cavani Carera Mens 3 Piece Grey Blue Check Tweed Herringbone Vintage Slim Fit SuitAs low as £113.99 Regular Price £119.99
- Cavani Draco Mens Herringbone Tweed 3 Piece Vintage Check Suit Tailored FitAs low as £79.99 Regular Price £129.99