Men’s wedding shoes are a type of a formal shoe, that can be worn in any occasion, not only a wedding, but galas, dinners, proms, work, parties and other occasions. It is important for every man to know, that not every formal shoe is suitable for a “black tie” occasion. They have to be chosen carefully and coordinated with the overall style and suit. When choosing men’s wedding shoes, it is important not only to choose suitable shoes, but to find ones, that best fit your overall look. If you don’t like some of the formal types of shoes, good thing is that you have a variety that you can choose from. So if you don’t want to buy loafers as men’s wedding shoes, that is definitely not a problem. But before explaining different types and styles of men’s wedding shoes let’s see what are the most important things that every gentleman should take into consideration when purchasing shoes.
Usually men don’t think about their footwear that much and go with the shoes they like or feel comfortable on the feet. But when it comes to choosing men’s wedding shoes, that won’t be enough. The men’s wedding shoes are a part of the overall style and have to complete the look, not to be the center of attention. There are certain rules, that have to be followed in the process of choosing men’s wedding shoes.
Color of the men’s wedding shoes
This is one of the most important features of men’s wedding shoes, because it’s definitely the most visible ones. Many of us have purchased a pair of shoes, because we were allured by the color. When choosing men’s wedding shoes typically you can choose from 2 basic colors – black and brown. But when choosing men’s wedding shoe, you must coordinate it with the rest of the outfit.
For example, if you wear a black or charcoal suit, the men’s wedding shoes must be black as well. No other colors are recommended. If the suit is light grey, usually most gentlemen prefer black men’s wedding shoes, but if the ceremony is during the day, you can combine the suit with white shoes as well. If you decide to go with a white suit, then the most suitable men’s wedding shoes are the white ones. If you decide to add some color, for example the shirt, you can combine it with matching shoes. But for the combination to be successful and stylish, the men’s wedding shoes must be exactly the same color as the shirt. If the gentleman decides to go with a light suit, like light brown or tan, then bright or medium brown men’s wedding shoes are the best choice. If the suit is brown grey, we suggest you to combine it with brown men’s wedding shoes as well. If some of the gentlemen don’t feel sure about the combination, they can always trust black men’s wedding shoes. For navy blue suits, we suggest you choose brown men’s wedding shoes. But be careful not to go too light with the brown tone.
Leather or non-leather men’s wedding shoes
The material, that men’s wedding shoes are manufactured from, is important for the overall look and feel of the footwear. We at TruClothing suggest you go with natural materials, like leather, suede and others. You should choose men’s wedding shoes from natural materials because the small details define the overall look and feel of the style. When buying men’s wedding shoes, we suggest you walk them around the house a couple of days before the occasion. We all know that new shoes can be stiff and uncomfortable, but the men’s wedding shoes, that you can find at TruClothing guarantee comfort from day 1!
Shine all your men’s wedding shoes
When the day comes to wear your men’s wedding shoes, don’t forget to give them a good shine and polish. We all know that dirty shoes can reflect on the overall style and feel and no man wants to look bad in one of the most important day of his life. When shining your men’s wedding shoes make sure you clean all the wax so they will be polished and clean, not smudgy with polish residue. Oh, and don’t forget to remove all the tags and stickers from the heels and bottoms of your men’s wedding shoes. You don’t want to give your guests a thing to read when kneeling at the altar.
Like every other shoe, men’s wedding shoes vary in style and colors. Since we’ve already cleared the basic “rules” when choosing men’s wedding shoes, it’s time to break down the different types of footwear for all the gentleman.
Men’s wedding shoes – Brogue style
The Brogue is actually a style of formal men’s wedding shoes, that are characterized with a small hill and complex structure. The modern’s style roots can be traced back to Scotland and Ireland. Usually Brogue formal men’s wedding shoes feature different ornaments and decorative perforations along the shoe. In the beginning, Brogue shoes were considered appropriate for outdoor and country walking shoe.
Over time, the perception towards the shoe has changed significantly and nowadays this style of footwear is considered appropriate for many occasions, including as men’s wedding shoes. The Brogues style can be mainly divided in four toe-cap styles and four closure styles. The second division is more familiar to people with men’s wedding shoe styles like Oxford, Derby, ghillie and monk strap.
Men’s wedding shoes – the Oxford
The Oxford men’s wedding shoes are one of the most common and familiar to most gentlemen. They feature a close lace front with eyelet tabs. Closed lacing is defined with quarters and facing, that are tightly secured to the vamp of the shoe. This makes them less flexible, but quite more formal. The Oxford footwear is appropriate not only as formal men’s wedding shoes, but can be worn with dark denim and jeans as well. The Oxford formal shoe is often mistaken with the Derby.
Men’s wedding shoes – the Derby
The Derby men’s wedding shoes are quite similar to the Oxfords but their main difference is that the Derby’s feature an open lace. Open lace means that the quarters are sewn on top of the vamp. This makes them more flexible, but on the other side less formal. Because of the open lace, they are considered less formal that the Oxford men’s wedding shoes. The Derby men’s wedding shoes usually don’t have the traditional decorative perforation, like other Brogue shoes, and go with more casual outfits.
Men’s wedding shoes – the Monk
The Monk strap men’s wedding shoes are very similar in shape to the Oxford formal footwear. The most distinguished feature of the Monk strap men’s wedding shoes is the wide swath, fastened across the front of the shoe. The strap can vary and can be found with one or two buckles. The Monk strap men’s wedding shoes might seem like a less formal shoe, but this is more of a personal fashion choice.
Men’s wedding shoes – the Loafers
Although many might say that the loafers don’t look like a man’s wedding shoe, that is most certainly not true. They really step up the things when it comes to formal shoes. Their structure makes them one of the most comfortable formal shoes you can ever find. The loafer men’s wedding shoes are inspired by the moccasin look, that is widely recognized for their slip-on style. The loafers can be combined with leisure wear jacket and jeans, but their style and profile guarantee to be very suitable as men’s wedding shoes as well. Usually gentleman can find three types of loafers - penny loafer, tassel loafer and bit loafer. Most people know only the first two types of men’s wedding shoes, because the bit loafers are relatively new. They were introduced to the fashion market in the late 70s of the 20th century by the Italian fashion giant Gucci. The bit loafer men’s wedding shoe includes a metal strap across the instep. The innovation, that Gucci made, revolutionized the way people look at loafers and managed to make them a choice for formal footwear and men’s wedding shoes.
Although most people might think that the Chelsea boot is not a formal men’s wedding shoe, we can prove you the opposite thing. The Chelsea boot is one of the most versatile men’s wedding shoe and it can be used of formal and less formal occasions depending on your style choices. If you decide to choose the Chelsea Boot as your men’s wedding shoes, we suggest you go with a sharp, tailored suit. In that combination the perfect results are more than guaranteed.
Of course there are many more formal men’s wedding shoes that can be listed but these are the most distinguished ones. Going with one of these styles of men’s wedding shoes, we guarantee every gentleman that he’s not going to make a wrong fashion choice.
We offer all our clients men’s wedding shoes that will complete your overall look for your perfect day. As we’ve already told you, the men’s wedding shoes are an essential part for the style and have to be chosen carefully and in coordination with the overall look. We present our clients with various styles of men’s wedding shoes in a variety of colors and textures. At Truclothing you can find not only the classical Brogue style, but new and innovative men’s wedding shoes for the more innovative people.
Items 1-21 of 56
- Galax GH2019 - Mens Smart Casual Formal Laced Pointed Leather Shoes Wedding Prom Office ClassicAs low as £18.99 Regular Price £19.99
- Galax GH3117 Mens Laced Smart Casual Formal Shoes Classic Tan Brown Black Leather SuedeAs low as £24.69 Regular Price £25.99
- Patron 80058 Mens Black Patent Shiny Slip On PU Snake Crocodile Leather Shoes Gold BuckleAs low as £21.84 Regular Price £22.99
- Patron 063-10 Mens Black Tan Brown Brogues Smart Casual Formal Leather Suede Laced Dress ShoesAs low as £21.84 Regular Price £22.99
- Gio Gino 907001 Mens Black Smart Formal PU Leather Laced Brogues Shoes Gatsby Italian ClassicAs low as £13.99 Regular Price £29.99
- Patron H0015 Mens Slim On Tan Brown Smart Formal PU Leather Buckle Shoes Wedding OfficeAs low as £18.04 Regular Price £18.99
- Galax GH2352 Mens Smart Formal Dress Shoes Laced White Tan Brown Black Office Wedding LeatherAs low as £23.74 Regular Price £24.99
- Mens Slip On Buckle Belt Leather Inner Smart Formal Black White Shoes Italian DesignAs low as £21.84 Regular Price £22.99
- Mens Slip On Leather Inner Smart Formal Tan Brown Black Shoes Italian DesignAs low as £21.84 Regular Price £22.99
- Rossellini Eastend Mens Shiny Slip On Glitter Shoes Party Smart Patent LeatherAs low as £27.54 Regular Price £28.99
- Mens Slip On Snake Crocodile Leather Skin PU Black Shoes Smart CasualAs low as £11.39 Regular Price £11.99
- Mens Suede Slip On Loafers Shoes Stud Spikes Silver Smart Casual Shiny PartyAs low as £33.24 Regular Price £34.99
- Mens Lace Patent Brogues Shoes Gatsby Classic 1920's Shiny White Black RedAs low as £22.79 Regular Price £23.99
- Patron 239-10 Mens Slip On Tassel Driving Shoes Shiny Black Patent Leather PU Suede LoafersAs low as £19.94 Regular Price £20.99
- Mens Slip on Lace Smart Formal Leather PU Shoes Classic Style RetroAs low as £14.24 Regular Price £14.99
- Mens Suede Double Strap Monk Shoes PU Black Navy Blue Classic Retro Smart CasualAs low as £20.89 Regular Price £21.99
- Mens Real Leather & Suede Laced Gatsby Brouge Shoes Smart Casual Designer RetroAs low as £42.74 Regular Price £44.99
- Mens Leather Slip On Loafers Driving Shoes Formal Smart Casual Tan ItalianAs low as £30.39 Regular Price £31.99
- Mens Suede Slip On Loafers Driving Shoes Formal Smart Casual Leather ItalianAs low as £30.39 Regular Price £31.99
- Mens Patent Leather Brogue Shoes White Smart Casual Laced Vintage ShinyAs low as £30.39 Regular Price £31.99
- Mens Patent Leather Brogue Shoes Red White Smart Casual Laced Vintage ShinyAs low as £30.39 Regular Price £31.99